- Transfer of capital in the amount of 250 thousand euros or more, which is applied in investment or support to artistic production, recovery or maintenance of cultural heritage, through services of the central and peripheral direct administration, public institutes, entities that integrate the public sector public foundations, private foundations with public utility status, intermunicipal entities, entities that integrate the local business sector, municipal associative entities and public cultural associations, that continue their attributions in the area of artistic production, recovery or maintenance of the national cultural heritage;
- Transfer of capital in the amount of 500 thousand euros or more, for the acquisition of units of investment funds or venture capital aimed at the capitalization of small and medium-sized companies that, for that purpose, present their capitalization plan and if it proves viable.
The Golden Visa is a modality of residence permit that allows the entry and stay in Portuguese territory for investment purposes with exemption of residence visa of foreign citizens who wish to invest in Portugal and that has been in force since 2012.
Which citizens can apply for the Golden Visa?
All national citizens of Third State who carry out an investment activity, in person or through a company incorporated in Portugal or in another State of the U.E and with a permanent establishment in Portugal, by means of investment in one of the following possibilities:
- The acquisition of immovable property of value equal or superior to 500 thousand euros;
- Acquisition of real estate, whose construction has been completed for at least 30 years or located in urban rehabilitation area and realization of rehabilitation works of real estate acquired, in an aggregate amount equal to or greater than 350 thousand euros;
- Transfer of capital in the amount of 350 thousand euros or more, which is applied in research activities carried out by public or private scientific research institutions, integrated in the national scientific and technological system;
- Transfer of capital in the amount of EUR 1 million or more;