NATIONALITY BY NATURALIZATION
The Government grants the Portuguese nationality, by naturalization, to the foreigners that satisfy cumulatively the following requirements:
- The Major of 18 years old or emancipated under Portuguese law;
- Have been legally resident in Portugal for at least five years;
- Know the Portuguese language ;
- They have not been convicted, with a sentence of res with a term of imprisonment equal to or greater than 3 years and do not constitute a danger or threat to national security or defense by their involvement in activities related to the practice of terrorism, under the terms of the respective law.
- The Government grants Portuguese nationality also in those cases where one of the parents here has residence, regardless of title, for at least five years immediately preceding the request;
- The minors here have completed at least one cycle of elementary education or upper secondary education.